work at warner parks
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Naturalist 1 (Warner Park Nature Center)
Do you love being outdoors? Are you curious about nature? Do you enjoy exploring your backyard and sharing discoveries with others? Then consider joining the naturalist team! Warner Park Nature Center is looking for a naturalist that will work with our Environmental Education (EE) program to develop, coordinate and deliver outdoor exploration and environmental education programs to youth, families and the general public. This position requires the ability to perform daily, physical activities outdoors including hiking, bending, lifting, sitting and talking in all seasons and weather conditions.
- Develop and implement environmental science curriculum for youth in grades K-12
- Facilitate outdoor activities in all program areas including summer camps, school field trips, high school field labs, weekend programs, special events, evening programs, and teacher in-services
- Support the EE program by helping maintain bird feeding stations, organic and wildflower gardens, and nature center grounds
- Collaborate with teachers, students, nature center staff, volunteers, interns, and community partners to develop, implement and evaluate programs
- Assist with Nature Center and facility operations including visitor services, maintenance, marketing, and other duties as requested
- Participate in park research and natural resource management projects
Time Period: Year-round, part-time
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday and some evenings, 19 hours/week
Pay: Starting at $17-$20 per hour